Frequent Asked Questions ISAPh2018
- Is there a student discount?
Full-time students pay only half of the general public fee, but you must bring your student ID with you to the conference.
- Do I have to submit a paper to the proceedings?
No, if your abstract was accepted for an oral or poster presentation, you are invited to submit a 4—6 page paper to the proceedings. This is optional, though.
- Will the proceedings be available online?
Yes, the proceedings will appear online and be available on the ISCA website
- Can I submit a paper to the proceedings if I do not attend the conference?
No, if your abstract was accepted for an oral or poster presentation, you are expected to attend. If you do not attend, your extended abstract will be removed from the online database, and you will not be eligible to submit a paper for inclusion in the proceedings.
- Will the proceedings have a DOI number?
Each paper will have a unique DOI number and will be archived on the ISCA website (high traffic).
- Is there a template for the full paper?
The same template is used for both the camera-ready abstract and the full paper. Please use formatting consistent with the template that you can find on the ISAPh2018 website
- How long is each oral presentation?
Each oral presentation will be a total of 30 minutes: 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for Q&A.
- How long is the poster presentation session?
The poster presentation session is 90 minutes. Presenters are expected to be near their poster. Poster presentations are on the second day.
- When is the conference dinner (banquet)?
The conference banquet (included in registration) is at Washington Hotel in the evening on the second day.
- Which hotels do you recommend?
Please check Accommodation for details
- What can I do in Aizu-Wakamatsu?
Aizu-Wakamatsu is a tourist-friendly old samurai sightseeing town. In fact, there is a samurai festival immediately following the conference with a big parade on Sunday!