We will take you to two major tourist spots in Aizu-Wakamatsu, where you can learn about Japanese history of the Edo Period (1603–1868) and even try Japanese archery! Two people from the University of Aizu (“attendants”) will join the excursion to help you.
(Tuesday, September 18, 2018)
- 12:50 PM The bus is ready in front of Aizu-Wakamatsu Station, the closest train station to the University of Aizu. (TOHOKU x TOKYO)
- 1:10 PM Leave Aizu-Wakamatsu Station at 1:10 pm sharp!
- 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM Nisshinkan (Samurai School in the 19th century) Japanese archery (kyudo) experience (Nisshinkan)
- 3:30 PM Leave Nisshinkan for Tsuruga Castle
- 4:00 PM The bus will leave after all the participants get off. You can see the inside of the castle including the view from the top floor, or just enjoy the beautiful view from outside and walk around the grounds (free). Afterwards, you can go back to your hotel or go directly to a restaurant for dinner. For taxi/bus/walking transportation, please ask the two attendants for help. (Tsuruga castle)
- The bus is complimentary
- Admission to Nisshinkan: 620 JPY
- Japanese archery: 300 JPY
- Admission to Tsuruga Castle: 410 JPY