Official name: LI10 Introduction to Multimedia Systems
- Winter (4th quarter)
- 2nd year students
- 2 credits
- No prerequisites
- Coordinator: Shigeo Takahashi
- Instructor for ICTG class: Julián Villegas
- Tuesdays 15:10–16:50 (M3)
- Fridays 15:10–16:50 (M3)
- We significantly rely on digital media such as interactive, audio, and video.
- These media in turns relies on broadcasting through the Internet, communication among mobile devices, etc.
- This course aims at understanding how digital life is supported by a variety of media technologies, by learning characteristics of multimedia, its components, associated processing and communication techniques, along with expected development of multimedia systems.
- Participating in this course will offer you a beneficial guideline to further study advanced courses related to digital information technology.
- Digital representation in multimedia,
- Digital terminals and systems that constitute multimedia,
- Fundamental methods of editing multimedia contents,
- Role of multimedia on the Internet and its associated service, and
- Multimedia technologies well fit into our daily life.
- Multimedia Overview
- Graphics and Image Representations (1)
- Graphics and Image Representations (2)
- Color in Image and Video (1)
- Color in Image and Video (2)
- Fundamentals in Video (1)
- Fundamentals in Video (2)
- Basics of Digital Audio (1)
- Basics of Digital Audio (2)
- Compressing Media
- Compression Standards
- Media Distribution and Protection
- Media Trends
• Fundamentals of Multimedia
• 2nd Edition (2014)
• By Ze-Nian Li, Mark S. Drew and Jiangchuan Liu • eBook ISBN: 978-3-319-05290-8
• DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-05290-8
• Softcover ISBN978-3-319-34678-6